PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS. THESE INCLUDE VARIOUS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS, AND A DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE THAT GOVERNS HOW DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED.
Description of Service
Long Tail Nation is the leader in branded niche social media. Our next generation platform enables people to create and publish articles on niche content and interact with other community members with similar passions. It's your passion, your community.
Registration and Security
To contribute to Long Tail Nation, you must join and create an account ("Account"). By creating an Account, you agree the information you provide is accurate, current, and complete, and that you will keep it up-to-date. We encourage our Users to use their real names as it helps establish the credibility of your work and furthers your personal recognition. You agree not to share or transfer your password or other Account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of any passwords you create to access this Website.
All activities under your Account are your responsibility, and you agree not to share or transfer your Account in violation of this Agreement. Should you notice any unauthorized use of your Account, contact Long Tail Nation immediately at support (at) longtailnation.com. Long Tail Nation will not be responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of someone else using your Account. Each person may only open one (1) Account. Any violation of this or any other Terms of Service will result in the suspension of your Account. To contribute to the Site, you must be at least 13 years of age or older.
Once you have created your Account, Long Tail Nation encourages you to fill out your "Profile" page with your background information and links to your favorite sites, including your blog or website. Long Tail Nation also encourages you to include information about other publications or articles you have written, such as books, articles or other publications you have authored, whether literary or non-literary. Included information must comply with this Agreement and applicable law. Long Tail Nation expressly prohibits the use of its site and services for unauthorized advertisements or spam.
In order to maintain Long Tail Nation as a trusted platform, Long Tail Nation reserves the right to cancel the Account of Users who engage in fraudulent behavior or other unacceptable activities contrary to this Agreement or the Community Guideline. In the event that Long Tail Nation cancels your Account or your access to this Website because of fraudulent or other unacceptable activities (as defined by Long Tail Nation) contrary to this Agreement (including but not limited to registration with multiple accounts, posting copyrighted materials, attempted manipulation of the Long Tail Nation ranking system, generation of artificial traffic, or other violations of this Agreement, the law, or the legal rights of a third party), you agree that the license granted herein to content submitted by you shall not terminate, but you will agree to forfeit all rights you may have to your Account and to any then accrued or future earnings from the Website or by Long Tail Nation with respect to any material you previously submitted. If Long Tail Nation cancels your account, and you feel this was done in error, please contact us at support (at) longtailnation.com.
When you read or in any other way use the content (that is not of your own creation) on Long Tail Nation, you agree not to engage in, assist in, or otherwise support in the following conduct:
- Create or incorporate materials that include any content or links that are pornographic, defamatory, libelous, tortuous, vulgar, obscene, invasive of privacy, racially or ethnically objectionable, hateful, promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities, or promotes any act of cruelty to animals.
- Use Long Tail Nation, the Long Tail Nation Site or Long Tail Nation Service to violate any Federal, state or local laws. Your Long Tail Nation must comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Hack the Long Tail Nation Site or modify any Long Tail Nation content that is not your own or without consent of the author.
- Link to any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive, invasive or otherwise harmful nature.
- Link to pages or sites that are unrelated to the topic and content of your article(s).
- Remove, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any Long Tail Nation Software (as defined below) or use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the Long Tail Nation Site architecture.
- Create content in breach of a confidentiality or fiduciary obligation you may have.
- Attempt to automatically redirect Website users to other domains, mislead users as to the origins of the content contained in your content, or use your Account as storage for remote loading or to a website outside of the Long Tail Nation Site.
- Impersonate another author, user, person or entity, or any representative or employee of Long Tail Nation.
- Disrupt the Long Tail Nation Service, system, or any servers by embedding code in Long Tail Nation or otherwise attacking the Long Tail Nation Service.
- Create Long Tail Nation accounts for any illegal activities or to promote or make solicitations for any illegal or unauthorized activity.
- Spam any person or entity or mass email any person or entity in an automated fashion.
- Collect personal identifiable information about the users of the Long Tail Nation Services and/or Long Tail Nation Site and sell or transfer that information.
- Use any automatic or manual process to harvest email addresses or other information from the Long Tail Nation Site.
- Harass, threaten or intimidate Users or others who use the Long Tail Nation Service.
- Create article written primarily in a language other than English.
- Promotes gambling or links to sites that promote/offer gambling for money, where such activity is unlawful
- Contains misleading tags and/or titles that do not match the the Long Tail Nation content, including irrelevant and/or excessive tagging.
- Is overly promotional, including excessive linking to any one site or domain.
- Engage in behavior designed to manipulate the Long Tail Nation ranking system.
No Resale of Service
User agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Long Tail Nation Service, use of the Long Tail Nation Service, or access to the Long Tail Nation Service, except through the display and use of User's content.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Long Tail Nation and its partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third party suppliers of information, attorneys, advertisers and affiliates harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of these Terms or use of the Long Tail Nation Service and Long Tail Nation Site.
Limitation of Liability
User expressly understands and agrees that Long Tail Nation will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the Long Tail Nation Service or Long Tail Nation Site, unauthorized access to or alteration of User content, content or data transmissions, statements or conduct of any third party on the Long Tail Nation Site, or any other matter relating to the Long Tail Nation Service. Long Tail Nation also will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from User failure to comply with the provisions of these Terms.
Modification or Cancelation of Account
Long Tail Nation has the right to cancel User account (or any part thereof), or to exclude User from the Website, if due to fraudulent or other unacceptable activities, at any time in our sole discretion, with or without prior notice. In case of cancellation, User agrees that the license granted herein to content submitted by User shall not terminate, but User will agree to forfeit all rights User may have to the User Account and to any then accrued or future earnings from the Website or by Long Tail Nation with respect to any material previously submitted by the User. If Long Tail Nation cancels User account, the cancellation will not affect User's remaining responsibilities to Long Tail Nation according to this Agreement. If Long Tail Nation cancels a User's Account, User may not open a new one under any alternate name(s)/email address(es).
These Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
The failure of Long Tail Nation to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Long Tail Nation and governs your use of the Site and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals whether electronic, oral or written, between you and Long Tail Nation with respect to the site and services. Both you and Long Tail Nation acknowledge and agree that no partnership is formed and neither you nor Long Tail Nation has the power or the authority to obligate or bind the other.
Copyright Dispute Resolution
Long Tail Nation has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of Long Tail Nation's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at support (at) longtailnation.com.
- Long Tail Nation Policy
It is Long Tail Nation's policy to (i) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, Content providers, members or users; and (ii) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
- Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements
If User believes that material or Content residing on or accessible through the Long Tail Nation Site or Long Tail Nation Service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement to support (at) longtailnation.com in the manner prescribed in these Terms.
- Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is Long Tail Nation's policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- to notify the Content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Long Tail Nation will terminate such Content provider's, member's or user's access to the service.
- Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent
If the User believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the User believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the User must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent at support (at) longtailnation.com:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the User has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- The User's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the User's address is located, or if the User's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Long Tail Nation is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Long Tail Nation may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days, unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the User, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Long Tail Nation's discretion. Long Tail Nation's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: PO BOX 4051, Menlo Park, CA 94026, email: support (at) longtailnation.com. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to feedback (at) longtailnation.com. User acknowledges that if User fails to comply with all of the requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Long Tail Nation, the Long Tail Nation logo, and any other Long Tail Nation logos, icons and names are the sole trademarks or service marks of Long Tail Nation, LLC. User agrees not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without Long Tail Nation's prior, written consent.
Please contact us with any questions regarding these Terms of Service. Please report any violations of the Terms of Service to support (at) longtailnation.com.